BLACKHAWK! Products Group has announced a new line of watches. The example at the right is called their Deep Sea Operator. There are several variations of the timepieces in the collection, including the Field Operator, Advanced Field Operator, Race Operator, and the Deep Sea Operator. MSRP for these watches run from $159.00 to $299.00.
General features of the watches include 316L stainless steel cases, Miyota quartz movements, PVD blackening on some models, and sapphire crystals with anti-glare coating.
The Deep Sea Operator has specs from BLACKHAWK! as such:
- “Less is more” dial graphics increase human factors recognition reaction time.
- Information output has been designed for maximum human factors clarity during user fatigue under poor conditions
- Built with the finest materials, made to take on the toughest missions
- 316L stainless steel has the highest resistance to oxidation
- Cases are precision milled from billet 316L stainless steel to ultimate tolerances for maximum waterproofness
- Silicon watch bands resist sweat and chemicals for years
- Sapphire crystals resist scratches
- PVD – thin film metal vapor deposit on the stainless surface
- Standard lug design lets you change bands easily
- Movements are time-proven precision Miyota standards
- Billet screw-off case back makes battery change simple and easy
- Movement and battery data located on case back for fast, accurate servicing
- Screw down crowns protect internals from moisture and negative elements
The Deep Sea variant is water-resistant to 300m and meets ISO 6425 standards. The other watches in the series are water-resistant to 100m.
These watches are available as I write this…